I named it “Holy Moly” for a reason! This salad is loaded, incredibly filling and satisfying!
Note: You will most likely have leftover rice and peppers, but that just means you’re all set for tomorrow’s meal! Score!
- 1/2 large sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bell pepper (whichever color you desire) roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup beans (I use either kidney or black), washed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry brown rice
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 handfuls of washed, romaine lettuce
- Optional: crunched up tortilla chips for garnish!
What to do:
- Prepare rice according to package instructions, set aside to cool.
- Sautee onion and peppers over medium heat for about 8 minutes. No oil, please! It’s not needed 🙂 Be sure not to overdo the veggies. You still want them to crunch!
- ASSEMBLE! Throw the romaine, a few heaping spoonfuls of rice, as many peppers and onions as you want, beans and corn into a sizable salad bowl. Top with salsa, guacamole, and some crunched up tortilla chips (for a little added bonus).
- Nom on that salad. NOM!